Book Review || The Sun is Also a Star

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I was so excited when I saw that Nicola Yoon was publishing a new book. I read her debut, Everything Everything, and loved it. In fact, it was one my favorite books of 2015. Although this book wasn't as good as her first, it still warmed my heart and made me smile. 

One of my favorite aspects of her book is the diversity! The Sun is Also a Star follows a Jamaican girl and a Korean-American boy. As the daughter of an interracial couple, I LOVE seeing it represented in literature. 

This story is all about fate and destiny and meant-to-be. I love how we not only get perspectives of both the main characters, but we get to see the stories of the side characters. I love how these characters are adults. You see that everyone, everyday, is trying to make it though life. 

If you are in the mood for a simple, heartwarming story, I definitely recommend!! 

Thanks to blogging for books for a free copy in exchange for a review!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© CURIOSITY AND CHAOS. Design by Fearne.