My College Essentials

Saturday, August 9, 2014

It's that time of year again! Back-to-school shopping! Am I the only one who loves school shopping? My brothers start school Monday, and I start grad school in two weeks, so I thought this is the perfect time for a back-to-school post! 

For all you starting college, I thought I would make a college essentials post. There are items that are a must for me, even as I head off the grad school. (These item don't cover everything you need of course!) 

Rain Gear || Walking to class in the rain is no fun -- better to be prepared!

Yellow Highlighters || These are my favorite! I highlight my textbook, notes, planner, basically everything!

Water Filter || Keep this in your fridge and fill it up with tap water! It will save you loads from buying the plastic bottles (not to mention it's better for the earth). 

USB Drive || Back up everything!! Trust me, your laptop will shut down on you when you are writing that essay. I always keep a copy on a USB drive just in case. It will also come in handy for group projects and presentations. 

Agenda || Life gets infinitely more complicated in college. You must stay organized! (this elephant pattern is also too cute!)

School Sweatshirt || Buy some school gear to feel a part of your school! I think a sweatshirt is best because the library can be cold on those long study nights. P.S. GO DAWGS!

Coffee Maker and Tumbler || Just yes. I started making my own coffee to take to class and to study. Saved me lots of money! 

Backpack || I'm definitely a backpack girl. I just had too much stuff to carry around to put it all in a tote. Get a cute one and you'll be set!

Headphones || Block out noise from roommates/loud students.

Shower Shoes || Just trust me on this one. 

ID Holder || I found this was the best way to carry around my wallet. My school ID was in easy reach along with my debit cards. I could just carry this with my phone if my friends wanted to grab lunch. It's perfect. 

Small Whiteboard || This saved me in organic chemistry. Writing all those mechanisms is perfect on a white board (no wasting paper). I also used it for drawing out diagrams for my physiology class. If you are a visual learner, I would really suggest studying with one of these. 

That's it! Good luck to everyone going back to school! 


1 comment

  1. Great essentials list. I think you covered everything! I especially like the water filter and coffee maker and tumbler. Anyway a college student can save money the better. I'm still looking for a good ID holder.....

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© CURIOSITY AND CHAOS. Design by Fearne.