The Vegetarian: A Book Review

Saturday, September 3, 2016


I have been reading again! YAY! Because of this, I've gotten back into watching Booktube and there has been a lot of buzz about this book. It won the Man Booker International Prize this year, and I was excited to see it on Blogging for Books! I requested a copy to read and review, so let's go! 

This novel follows a woman who, one day, decides to become vegetarian. What follows next is a crazy and weird journey of how this one decision changes her family's life. I don't want to go too much into the plot because 1. The book is less than 200 pages and 2. I think it's best to be surprised with what comes. 

As I was reading, I was very confused and did not see the point the author was trying make. There are some very strange occurrences in this book, but when I finally finished it, I have to say I really liked it! This short novel shows how everyone is capable of madness. How we all question if life is worth it, even if for a fleeting moment. 

I definitely say if you are the least bit interested to pick it up. Though get ready to read something very unique! 

I think I will have to pick up Kang's other novel, Human Acts as I heard it is just as dark and twisty. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© CURIOSITY AND CHAOS. Design by Fearne.