The Revenant: Film Review

Monday, January 18, 2016

It's time to bring back one of favorite posts - film reviews! I usually try to post these right after I see a movie, but I lost of track of time. 

After seeing Birdman, I was so excited to see that Alejandro G. Inarritu had another movie coming out (and with Leonardo DiCaprio!). I was literally counting down the days until The Revenant's release! I went opening weekend and it did not disappoint! 


This film follows a man who is out for revenge after one of his own killed his son and left him for dead in the middle of winter. Besides Leonardo's acting, my favorite part of the film was the cinematography. I love Inarritu's use of long shots. There were so many incredible scenes, I was speechless. I also loved the soundtrack. The use of drums in his movies! It was brilliant in Birdman, and just as brilliant in The Revenant

I HIGLY recommend this film (if for some strange reason you are debating whether or not to see it). It's already doing well in the award season and hopefully this will be the year Leo takes home an Oscar! 

So go ahead, buy your tickets and go see it! 

P.S. If you have yet to see Birdman, WATCH IT!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© CURIOSITY AND CHAOS. Design by Fearne.