Top 3 books of 2015!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

As I said in my previous post, I did not do to well with my reading last year. I only read 9 (!) books last year. That number is very embarrassing I must admit, but I am determined to read MANY more this year. 

Though that is a small number, there are three books that definitely stand out and I want to recommend! So without further ado, here are my top three books of 2015!

3. Written in Red by Anne Bishop


This urban fantasy was a surprising read. I am not normally drawn to a novel with paranormal aspects (such as vampires and werewolves) but I really enjoyed this book! This first book in a series follows Meg, a "blood prophet" who is on the run. She lives in a world where "The Others" and humans live together. My favorite part about this book was seeing the world "The Others" created and how similar it was to our world. I think that fans of Harry Potter would enjoy this series because its similar in the fact that we saw how wizards also built a world that was similar to ours. I really enjoyed all of the characters and I loved how romance was NOT the focus. I gave this a book a 4/5 stars on goodreads! 

2. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon


I loved this short book! Again, I normally don't choose YA romance books, but I've heard so many wonderful things about it, I decided to give it a try. I finished it in one day! This book follows a young girl who is stuck in her house because she is highly allergic to the outside world. It starts when a young boy moves next door and they begin to form a relationship. This novel was so sweet and heartbreaking. It's filled with pictures and diary entries, as well as a regular narrative. I definitely recommend this if you are looking for something short and sweet. I gave this a 5/5 on goodreads!

1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl


My number one book of the year! I LOVED this book. I still think about it to this day. It follows a reporter investigating the death of a famous cult film director's daughter, and let me tell you, things get creepy! Though it is over 600 pages, I FLEW through this book. I had no idea where the author was going and every plot twist was a surprise! This book is filled with internet pages, pictures, and other evidence the investigator uses. If you want a very well thought-out and smart thriller, I highly recommend this one! I also gave this a 5/5 on goodreads!

What were your top three books of 2015? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© CURIOSITY AND CHAOS. Design by Fearne.